Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mapping A C I


My first mapping appointment went very well.  Sara made a few changes and gave me instruction on how to use the Neptune Processor.

Sara is a specially trained cochlear implant audiologist with 16 years experience with all three implant companies.  We have a great understanding of each other and work well together.

Both my processors are programmed alike, each having three program settings that I can manually select.  

 Electrodes can be set to fire in pairs or in sequence.  We are testing both types of firings to see which I prefer.

Sara really knows and understands implants and their technology.  She also has a wonderful personality, which is extremely important in working with all age groups in this very challenging position she has.


No comments: